Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Daycare: Day ONE

For the past four months
Baby Bella has been privilaged enough
to stay home when Mommy goes to work
sleep in,
    watch Nick Jr whenever
  make messes with her own toys
        eat when she feels like it,
stay in her pajamas all day
             && never get picked on by other kids.

Then on August 29th, everything in
Baby Bella's world... changed.

She now has to get up early
get dressed, brush teeth
        eat breakfast,
&& drive off to daycare.

Always getting along with other kids
I had no problem when considering daycare
especially when I finally got into
the daycare of my dreams.

{Yes I know this sounds extreme
but after being on a waitlist for
six months... You'd be excited too}


We walked into daycare day one
&& Bella had no problem
picking up a little doll
and sharing with another little girl...

{even after that little brat pushed
my baby Bella flat on her back
            five seconds previously}


She looked around curiously
at all the {new} toys
{new} friends
& {new} daytime home


She never did seem to mind
even when I was getting ready to leave
&& a couple minutes later
her little {friend} got
         a small taste of karma.
{she tripped herself}


At the end of {day one}
I picked up my little bug-a-boo
& she was just as happy as I left her.

I even got an awesome printout
of what she ate,
            diaper status
                   && nap time.
WOW this rocks.


                                              {PS.... Paers is spelled "Pears"} -- LOL

Maybe daycare won't be so bad
afterall....
   With no stranger anxiety
napping for two and a half hours
&& playing outside with other children
         I think it's something she likes.
Maybe even loves.

I can't predict the future
or control what's going to happen
while I'm at work,
but I'm definitely confident
I made the right decision
&& so thankful I waited six long months
 for acceptance into the -perfect- daycare.

         Bring on day { two }


  

No comments:

Post a Comment