Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Auntie's Volleyball Game

I always wonder
what Baby Bella is going to do
under certain circumstances
in public places.

Sometimes my concern
is higher than other times
{like eating at a fancy restaurant}

With school back in full swing
my little sister {bug}
started highschool volleyball,
season two.

I love supporting her
& going to as many games as I can
so when my Momma called to see
if I wanted to meet her there...

I immediately said "Yes".
{before thinking about how I
would be able to handle Baby
Bella on bleachers, with a crowd of people
& loud noises.}

With a little bit of fear
I headed into the gym
armed with a little book,
        a granola bar
  & my secret weapon
{her bottle}

To my surprise Baby Bella
loved watching the Volleyball
get passed back and fourth between teams.
{Thank the Lord}

She also managed to sit quietly
on my lap... for a total of ten minutes.
then decided this spectating thing
wasn't for her.

I immediately grabbed her book
{she loves to read... & maybe chew}
hoping that would destract her
for at least a couple more minutes
so I could watch my sister serve.


After a short period of time
{I'm talking like five minutes}
she got bored of reading
& decided to go for the
sweet spot
        {mommy's purse}


She pulled out my
wallet. keys. advil bottle.
pens. chapstick. sunflower seeds.
& mardi gras necklace.

{I always keep a random assortment
of things to distract Baby Bella
...you never know when you'll need them!}

Then GG {grandma} showed up.

She brought some wagon wheels
for her sweet little grandbaby
&& kindly sat with Baby Bella
while she double fisted.


By this time Bug's team
had won slayed the first match
& were halfway into the second.


I stayed as long as I could
but Baby Bella only slept
for thirty minutes at daycare
& her diaper was starting to reach capacity.

Satisfied with her behavior
& confident that I could
bring her to another game
       we exited the gym-
happy. content.
      && tuckered out.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment