Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Lettuce Wrap

Baby Bella tends to fall asleep in the car
a lot.

Sometimes this keeps me from getting things done
because I feel bad for waking her up
But this time
I really needed to get groceries
&& I couldn't put it off any longer.

Being as careful as I could
&& thinking of every possible thing that could potenially
wake her up -
I went for it.

I wrapped her in my puffiest jacket,
{so she wouldn't know a temperature difference}

walked her to the store entrance
{so the cart wouldn't rattler her on the pavement}

pulled the cart inside first
{so it wouldn't bang on the doorstep}

layed her down gently
{so she didn't wake up after making it this far}

added extra paddng -aka my hood- under her head
{so she would be comfortable on the metal cart}

&& tucked in her sides.
{so she would think I was still holding her tight}

Being in a grocery store
I guess it's appropriate to call her
my little burrito
a taco
or maybe a lettuce wrap.



Yes...
a very healthy, happy and loved
wrap.


No comments:

Post a Comment